Plastic Ceiling Tiles VS. Metal Ceiling Tiles
We know you have a choice when it comes to ceiling tiles and home remodeling. In fact, you're probably overwhelmed with choices from colors and patterns to finishes and materials. But when it comes to deciding between real tin and a plastic imposter, consider a few things:
- Cost - While many simply assume that plastic is less expensive, this is rarely the case. White plastic tiles start at $3.50/sq. ft, while a range of white tin tiles cost as little as $3.00/sq. ft. Raw tin is available for as little as $1.75/sq. ft.
- Durability – Made from real T1 grade tin-plated steel, our tin tiles are 0.010″ thick to ensure they’re a long lasting, permanent fixture in your home or commercial space. Aesthetics – Nothing can replace the integrity and authenticity of tin – the difference is visible immediately.
- Color – Plastic color ranges are limited and have difficulty displaying realistic sheen. Our tin ceiling tiles are powder-coated, a superior finish compared to paint or injection. Finishes are genuine and authentic.
- Installation Options – Plastic ceiling tiles are glued which can deteriorate over time. Our tin tiles are offered in three installation methods – Nail-Up, Drop-In and patented Snap Lock™, that can be affixed to virtually any building material and stand the test of time.
- Fire Rating - Metal Ceilings have a one-hour fire rating, making them much safer in case of accident. Plastic melts in just 5 ½ minutes and releases toxic gases.
- Environmental Concerns - Tin is also better for the environment, emitting no dangerous VOCs, which can degrade air quality or cause breathing or health problems over time. Tin ceiling tiles are made in part from authentic US steel, the most recycled material in the world so it's both green and durable. Plastic comes largely in part from crude oil. Which would you rather have in your home or commercial space?
Less costly, better for the environment, more durable, and safer are all reasons to choose authentic tin over plastic ceiling tiles.
|Price Comparison||Our Metal Ceiling Tiles||Leading Competitor Plastic Ceiling Tiles|
|White Ceiling Tile||$12.50||$13.99|
|Copper Ceiling Tile||$16.00||$18.95|
|Pewter Ceiling Tile||$16.00||$18.95|